Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:10:03 -0400 (EDT)
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        m p <sumirati@yahoo.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IA64 FreeBSD port

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 03:09:47AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > That page is a bit out of date..things have progressed somewhat,
> > though there's a great shortage of developers with a) hardware and b)
> > time to work on the port, and c) ability to do so.  Contact the ia64
> > mailing list about how you might go about bootstrapping and testing
> > the port.  A word of caution though; there are sharp corners and you
> > may lose a finger or two along the way :)
> >
> > If you're not afraid of that, we'd love to have you!
>
> Actually, I was being even more optimistic than I thought.  No-one has
> written the IA64 boot loader code yet, so the only hardware the port
> (mostly) runs on isn't hardware, but the IA64 simulator.  IA64 coders
> needed!  Can you help?

There appears to have been some problem with the freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
mail list. My original question that was posted on the 24th, appeared  today,
the 29th - things appear to be working just fine now.

I am on the IA64 mailing list - will post a question over there.

Thanks for the info,
Vince