Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:09:46 +0800
From:      Kev <tech@geo.net.au>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Oren Sarig <sarig@bezeqint.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount: file system types

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:43:30 +0200, Oren Sarig wrote:
>
> > Yes, when I created the Win98 partition I ran fdisk with
> > large disk support (I mentioned the partition was 3Gb, I
> > assumed you would understand I had large disk support
> > enabled)
>
> Cool.  So now we just have to find out what Kev's doing. :-)
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Hey.. even I don't know what I'm doing 8-)

I have three hard disks in my system, the first is a 4.3 Seagate running Win98
and large disk support (LBA in BIOS), the second is a WD 2 gig with Linux
Mandrake installed (NORMAL mode in BIOS), and the third is a Quantum Bigfoot 2
gig running FreeBSD 3.2.

This is how they sit in the machine:

IDE controller 1:
		Seagate 4.3 (Drive 0)
		CD-ROM (Drive 1)
IDE controller 2:
		WD 2gig (Drive 2)
		Quantum 2 gig (Drive 3)

At the moment I have to switch the boot drive in the BIOS for each OS, eg boot
from E then A etc'.

The MBR of Drive 0 now contains the FreeBSD boot loader and I can select Win98
or FreeBSD (it didn't seem to find Linux!).  To boot Linux I have a floppy disk.

I would like to have all three OS' available from the boot loader.

I have also tried to use LILO for this task but again no luck.

I know I'm being greedy and really should decide to get rid of one drive, but I
do like to learn as much about each OS as possible.

Regards,

Kev.