Date:      Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:40:17 +1100
From:      "Dale Shaw" <dale.shaw@gmail.com>
To:        "Sean Cavanaugh" <millenia2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.2-REL, system lockup, recovers when keyboard pressed

Hi Sean,

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Sean Cavanaugh
<millenia2000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You look at upgrading to 6.3-REL or 7.0-REL?

Well, I could, but that's a sledgehammer approach and while likely to
work, in the absence of a bug report/fix (I'm not saying there isn't
one), it is not guaranteed to work. For example, it might be freezing
up because of something I can control with configuration (loader.conf
stuff). I'll have to stop the processes for a while and see if I can
reproduce the behaviour while the system is essentially idle.

I'm certainly willing to upgrade but it would be good to go into that
process with more confidence of success.

cheers,
Dale