Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 07:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole Harrington <freelist@webweaver.net>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org, victor@mp.lex.gob.gt, hamellr@dsinw.com, (Luis rios) <lrios@ziplink.net>
Subject:   Re: Oracle on Linux... Arggh! :(

On 14-Aug-98 Paul T. Root wisely wrote:
> In a previous message, Luis rios said:
>> I'm very irriated about Oracle's port to Linux.  We all know that FreeBSD
>> is a much more stable OS.  We need more visibility for FreeBSD.  At least
>> Oracle should develop for both platforms...
>
> Linux like Windows is powered by marketing not technical merit.
>
> If you want a finiatially sucessful product, especially in the computer
> industry, you need marketing, not a good product.

Yes but if everyone writes to oracle and says "hey where is the FreeBSD port"
in sufficiate numbers, that would also cause them to take notice.

 If everone on this list did it, That is a heck of a start...

  Nicole

     nicole@webweaver.net  - http://www.webweaver.net/
 webmistress@dangermouse.org - http://www.dangermouse.org/