Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 01:36:34 -0600
From:      Tom Jackson <tom@my.domain>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 440LX Chipset

On Fri, Nov 21, 1997 at 02:53:38PM -0600, Kenny Hanson wrote:
> Is there support for the 440LX chipset in FreeBSD yet?

from what I've heard, many are happily running this chipset and fbsd.

----> Insert details here-->

> chipset, though I always thought these things were "backwards
> compatible".  For grins, here's what I have in the system:
>
> Intel Atlanta 440LX, PII 300, 64MB SDRAM
> 2.1 WD EIDE (ATA-33), Intel Pro 100B.
>
> Now I've tried to turn off the Ultra DMA in the bios and even tried
> a non-ATA33 drive with the same results.  Any thoughts/comments?
>
> 	Kenny Hanson, Senior Research Analyst
> 	PDS Research and Development
> 	Email: 	khanson@pdspc.com

for me in this situation, first obtain the boot floppy, boot from it
and carefully watch the system probe. if all goes well here you should
have no problem installing FreeBSD (TM). What version and media are you
using?

GL

Tom