Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 1996 22:10:20 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I'd vote to put the CVS repository onto the next FreeBSD CD-Rom

> I'd like to buy such a distribution, and I'd even be willing to pay extra
> for it, but I see a problem here.  I really doubt that the majority of
> the purchasers of the CDROM really would benefit, and this would probably
> raise the production cost a lot.  I just don't see that as providing a
> service for the majority of users.  Jordan, are you listening?  How about
> a short run of such a thing, maybe by subscription only?

Well, as I said, I'll be doing my damndest to put the CVS tree on the
next CDROM anyway since the only reason I didn't before was simply due
to our self-imposed restrictions on it.

However, you resurrect an earlier discussion I had earlier with WC,
actually:  Would people be interested in SNAPSHOT CDs which also
contain the CVS tree at the point of the snapshot and anything else I
manage to cram on there?  The CD would come very cheaply packaged,
would be available only by subscription and would probably be a fair
bit cheaper (I can't say for sure what that would be, but it wouldn't
be anything like the subscription price for the "mainstream" CD).

Any interest?  How much would you WANT it to cost?  If I can present
WC with a list of customer preferences, it will greatly influence
those kinds of decisions.

					Jordan