Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:55:18 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eric F Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 Woes...

Eric F Crist wrote:

> My problem isn't getting out to 2001:4980:1::5, it's getting to my
> LAN, the 2001:4980:1:111::/64 network.  My gateway, the machine from
> which I posted the routing and ifconfig information, is able to ping
> across the tunnel, and to the internet just fine.  Nothing is able to
> get from the gateway to my LAN, however.  Is it a problem with the fxp
> driver, or perhaps my setup with the ethernet bridging?

You appear to have a /64 network address on the inside of your v6
router. Are you using stateless address auto-configuration? You appear
to have statically assigned ....::145 as a host address on that net.

My setup works fine if I ping the network address of my v6 router from
the v6 enabled hosts in my lab.

When you ping local machines on the inside LAN from that router, do you
see NDP entries being created?

You shouldn't need to use bridging to achieve what you want in this
scenario, in fact it makes no sense because you want to route v6 traffic
over the gif, therefore ethernet bridging is not relevant here.

regards
BMS