Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:19:23 +0200
From:      Andreas Tobler <andreast@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Justin Hibbits <jrh29@po.cwru.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: TiBook CPU speed

On 20.09.11 05:07, Justin Hibbits wrote:
> Following up on my previous email, the saga of installing FreeBSD on a
> TiBook, I ran into another problem:  The CPU speed is reduced to
> 666MHz, instead of 1GHz.  Is there a way to get it to run at the full
> 1GHz?

I think this is not implemented yet.
But what you can do is autoboot into FreeBSD and then the speed should
be at full 1GHz. At least this works on my G5's.

You must set the boot-device to the FreeBSD partition and then reboot
w/o OF intervention.

This is on my G5: 'setenv boot-device sd1:2,\\:tbxi'

For details how to find the boot-device arguments see at the bottom of:

http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/ppcinstall.txt

Gruss,
Andreas