Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:51:53 +0100
From:      Geir Svalland <admin@swedehost.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?V=ED=ADctor=20Guti=E9rrez=20Cruz?= <trivium98@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help me...

Hi again.
Please, don't send mail regarding help, directly to my mail-adress.
Send via the list ( freebsd-questions@freebsd.org ) and your chance for=20
positive reply are a lot bigger, and a lot more people have a chance to=20
give you better advice then I'm.

Referring to the two previous answers you got at the list,

Do you try to install PHP as user root ?=20
( $someuser ) su
Password: " root password here"
Given the correct password, your prompt are supposed to=20
change from $ to #, then you have root privilieges.

Do you try to install PHP via ports ?
As root, do the following :
cd /usr/ports/lang/php4
make install clean

This way, the files you need for your installation, will automatically=20
get fetched.

One way I had great success installing PHP was with the following:

Deinstall Apache.
make -DWITH_APACHE2 -DWITH_MYSQL install clean

and everything worked out like a dream.

Good luck and lots of fun.

/Meffe.