Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:29:28 -0600
From:      "Long, Scott" <Scott_Long@adaptec.com>
To:        "'Edwin Culp'" <eculp@encontacto.net>, scsi@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Dell RAID PERC (MegaRAID) 3si.

The PERC3/si on the 2450 is Adaptec, not AMI, and uses the aac driver.
There is a freely downloadable (though not Open Source) management
tool for FreeBSD, available directly from Adaptec.  Try:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&cat=/Prod
uct/ASR-5400S&filekey=5400s_fbsd_cli_v10.zip

If that doesn't work, navigate the Adaptec website to the Download
section for the 5400S controller card, and you'll find it there.  It
claims to only support the 5400S, but it will work for nearly any
aac-based card.  It was compiled on a machine under my desk, so
please feel free to contact me with any questions that you have.

Scott