Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:23:16 -0500
From:      "Scott A. Moberly" <smoberly@karamazov.org>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, OpenOffice Users <users@openoffice.org>
Subject:   [users] Re: OpenOffice User Installation

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 05:19:30AM -0500, MET wrote:
> So we are at the same page, I'm following the directions found in the FBSD
> handbook for installing OpenOffice from the ports.
>
> As a super-user I can 'make install clean' the port without any problem
> whatsoever (but it took forever).  Then the directions say that I have to
> install the program as a user.  So I logout of super-user and I run the
> command 'make install-user'.  Since I'm in the KDE environment I get a pop-up
> warning saying this (not an exact copy - except for the file)
>
> ===
> Cannot Find Sciprt and the Installation cannot continue without it.
>
> The file was looked for in the following directory:
>
> 	/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/program/setup.ins
> ===
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what I might do in order to get this program
> started?
>
> ~ Matthew

This happened on a few of the earlier incarnations of OpenOffice in
the ports.  There were (are) patches available for it, but I'd
suggest cvsup'ing the ports tree now at 1.0.1.
--
Scott A. Moberly
smoberly@karamazov.org

A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well
as afterward.