Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:57:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Viren R.Shah <viren@cigital.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Latitude c800 w/ Xircom Realport card

[Please cc me on replies]

I'm trying to install 4.3-RC (2001/03/28) onto a Dell Latitude c800
that has a Xircom RealPort card in it.

I can't even boot it up in order to get to the main sysinstall
screen. As soon as it boots up, it asks "Should I use the pcic
controller as an install device" (or words to that effect) and
freezes.

Has anyone managed to install FreeBSD on such a beast?

[I did check the archives and found nothing useful]

Thanks
Viren
--
Viren R. Shah      | "Memory is like an orgasm.
viren@cigital.com  |  It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it."