Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:35:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      BARRY BOUWSMA IS AN INFLUX OF CONTUMELIOUS FINKS <pedophile@fluffy.gets.an.analprobe.dk>
To:        Rob Nelson <rob@mag-net.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: icecast/liveice problems

On Mon, 2414 Sep 1993, Rob Nelson wrote:

> Can you provide a pointer to a web or ftp site for `screamto'?  I
> haven't heard of this before and can find nothing on the search engines
> regarding screamto.

Well, maybe.  Essentially, what I have is the source k0dez that I
was haX0ring almost a year ago with Linux, that I've carried around
with me thanks to other people, so that what I'm using is pretty
much unchanged from what I did a year ago, with icecast-1.1.4+hacks,
bplay-0.96+hacks, and my source file seems to be scrEamer-0.4.tgz,
although I'm using much more recent mpeg encoders.

I can't remember how I first got pointed to scrEamer, but it's worked
fine for simple piping of the mpeg layer 3 stream from the encoder
stdout to the listening icecast process, so I haven't tried anything
different.

If this reference isn't enough, I'll try and dig around to figure out
where the heck I've actually extracted this source and if there are
any pointers within to where a more recent version may be found.
(I can only find the binary -- all 8477 bytes -- on the machines I'm
logged into right now.)

Hope that's better than nothing...  :-/

--

     *** This was posted with the express permission of ***