Date:      17 Jan 2003 13:02:07 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VM_METER no longer defined?

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 12:42, Scott Long wrote:
> Conrad Sabatier wrote:
>
> > Pardon me if I missed something, but what's become of the definition of
> > VM_METER?  It is nowhere to be found under /usr/include.  This breaks
> > a few
> > ports, kdebase3 being one of the most notable.
> >
> I've got to admit that this one slipped in under my radar.  Would the
> committer and submitter please give an explanation of why VM_METER
> was changed?

It looks like Matt did this to fix vm.vmtotal.  From sys/vm/vm_param.h:

Make 'sysctl vm.vmtotal' work properly using updated patch from Hiten.
(the patch in the PR was stale).

It looks to have been replaced by VM_TOTAL.  I fixed libgtop[2] by
checking for VM_TOTAL, and using that instead of VM_METER.  This seems
to work.

Joe