Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:48:15 -0500
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where's my gdm.conf gone?

On 10/11/2006 10:17, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 08:58 -0500, Eric Schuele wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently rebuilt my machine.  I just installed gdm, and went to
>> setting it up the way I like.  I need to edit my gdm.conf file... yet I
>> don't seem to have one.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me where it is, or why I would not have one?  There
>> definitely is not one on my machine.
>
> Use custom.conf or the gdmsetup utility instead.

Once upon a time I setup gdm to launch my .xsession file when I logged
in.  This required that I edit gdm.conf and change the
SessionDesktopDir such that:  SessionDesktopDir=/usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/Sessions/

If I were to do this in custom.conf (which is basically empty), what
section would I do it in?

Or is there some other (better) way to accomplish this.  Since I do not
use Gnome in any way (just gdm)... I need a way (my .xsession file) to
get things up and on their feet.

Thanks.