Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:57:45 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Radek Kozlowski" <radek@raadradd.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is something wrong with gnome-menus-2.10.1?

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:37:48 +0100, Radek Kozlowski <radek@raadradd.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:13:51AM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:50:19 -0600, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:30:06 +0100, Radek Kozlowski
>> <radek@raadradd.com>

>> <snip>
>> >
>> >Umm... /me goes to install AbiWord to find out.
>>
>> Works for me here, not sure how it happened. Maybe it got wrecked with
>> new
>> KDE 3.4 or something.. I will find out this afternoon or tomorrow,
>> whenever http://rabarber.fruitsalad.org/ is up again.
>
> Actually, I have only two KDE components installed:
>
> raadradd@ddardaar:~> pkg_info | grep kde
> kdehier-1.0_5       Utility port which installs a hierarchy of shared
> KDE direc
> kdelibs-3.4.0       Base set of libraries needed by KDE programs
>
> and only use two qt apps: Kadu and K3b.
>
> The weird thing is that there are some apps shown by Menu Editor that do
> not appear in the menu:
>
> Office -> Abiword
> Internet -> Firefox
> Sound and Video -> VideoLAN Media Player

Try to do the 'killall -HUP gnome-panel" or restart your desktop to see if
those will appear again.

> and there are apps and categories not shown by Menu Editor that appear
> in the menu, like KDE category, the second Internet category, .hidden
> stuff and also Internet -> Kadu.

I don't think the ~/.hidden is a standard. I am not sure why gnome-menus
finds it, but I will have to install KDE to find out what 3.4 has changed.
As for Kadu, I took a look at port and it looks like it doesn't pick up
because kadu.desktop doesn't has any of 'Categories' entry or maybe it
doesn't know about different paths yet. You can try to add
"Categories=Application;Network;" in your kadu.desktop and see what happen
when you restart menu-editor.

Cheers,
Mezz

--