Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:52:27 +0200
From:      Phil Schulz <ph.schulz@gmx.de>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GPL vs BSD Licence

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> [...]

  So I cannot use GPL'ed (vs LGPL'ed) library for software w/o placing
the result under the GPL?
  I think I'm realizing once again that I don't fully get the GNU
interpretation of "free". To me, "free" means more sth like "here, take
it and do what you want w/ it, but don't bother me if you screw up"
which is why I favour BSD-style licensed software.

Kind regards,

Phil.

--
Did you know...

If you play a Windows 2000 CD backwards, you hear satanic messages,
but what's worse is when you play it forward....
                                      ...it installs Windows 2000

   -- Alfred Perlstein on chat@freebsd.org