Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 01:03:01 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CD-ROM Writer

Hi.

I'm running 3.0-CURRENT, and am planning to buy a CD-ROM writer or rewriter.
I'm undecided whether to purchase a IDE or SCSI-based drive (I do have a
spare IDE slot and do have a ISA Adaptec 1542). The drive I'm thinking
of getting is the HP 8100 IDE based drive.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and is there anything to watch
out for (I know the IDE CD-ROM has to be on the primary IDE channel, and not
the secondary channel).

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
UUNET Internet Africa Support * FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
FreeBSD is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!