Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:17:59 +0000
From:      John Toon <john.toon@btinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with kdebase2.1.1 port

Hi,

During the build of the kdebase2.1.1 port, it fails, because:

--------
configure: warning:
There is an installation error in jpeg support. You seem to have only one
of either the headers _or_ the libraries installed. You may need to either
provide correct --with-extra-... options, or the development package of
libjpeg6b. You can get a source package of libjpeg from http://www.ijg.org/
Disabling JPEG support.

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (headers and
libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
--------

I have gone to http://www.ijg.org/ and downloaded the source tarball.
There were no "--with-extra" options. I could not find any
"development" packages to download either. I installed the source
package again anyway, to no useful effect.

I have got libjpeg6b installed "correctly", but I seem to be entirely
missing a binary "ljpeg" that is needed and supposedly part of this
package. Also, I don't know why QT is broken either, since I have the
latest port of qt (2.3.0) installed correctly.

Any suggestions?

John.