Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:02:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steven Ames <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
To:        andyf@speednet.com.au, mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        chris@calldei.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aio_read kills machine

> > > Could you be any less specific about the panic?  Any sort of detail
> > > is just going to make us want to fix it.
> >
> > Here most of the message I posted to -stable:
>
> Oh, that one.  You need to increase maxusers or NMBCLUSTERS.  This is
> the subject of ongoing work in -current that ought to make it back to
> -stable eventually.

Could someone define what NMBCLUSTERS is and what it is used for? I've
seen a lot of cases where increasing it (beyond the default 1024?) has
helped systems be more stable, but what is it?

If someone does bother to respond to this with a good definition then
maybe that definition could make it into LINT?

-Steve