Date:      Fri, 25 Dec 1998 21:40:39 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        stab <stab@wildstar.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with `make world' (was: subject omitted)

On Friday, 25 December 1998 at  3:29:54 -0600, stab wrote:
> Hi, when I try to do a 'make world', I have various problems
> with my compiler.  I get the following error a little while
> after I being:
>
> Dec 24 21:23:07 oblivion /kernel: pid 28575 (cc1), uid 0: exited on
> signal 11 (core dumped)
>
> ( I believe it did the same thing on signal 10, but I could be wrong )
>
> Is there settings I should change in my bios? (amibios 2.5) or things I
> should add to my kernel?

Your BIOS settings are more likely to be the cause.  This is the kind
of problem typically attributed to ``hardware problems''.  It's up to
you to find out which (and it can be frustrating doing so), but memory
chips and cache are high on the list, and incorrect BIOS settings can
give the same results even if the hardware is OK.

Greg