Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 08:42:19 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Thomas Good <tomg@mailhost.nrnet.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nobody versus FreeBSD

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 08:33:52AM -0400, Thomas Good wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a (postgres) database accessed via apache and perl/CGI.
> Nobody is my default user.  The code that works on Linux (boo hiss)
> is failing on FBSD in one minor area:  mail delivery.
>
> The perl scripts generate email for diff purposes, however, whilst
> running on an FBSD box, Nobody the postman runs into a problem.
> He is unable to write to /var/spool/mqueue.

The perl script should be talking to the smtp port and not attempting
to write to /var/spool/mqueue directly. Any workaround in adding
`nobody' to the various additional groups tends to compromise
security.

What sort of errors does /var/log/maillog list?
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>