Date:      03 May 2001 00:13:38 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        "Tom Gottheil" <tom@gottheil.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Logitech Optical Mouse

Tom> I have a Logitech optical mouse using the USB to PS/2 converter.

I think i have the same model (mine is deep blue and is labeled "wheel
mouse" near the light spot.

Tom> It works fine in console mode, but when I boot into X, it doens't
Tom> work at all.

Works very well for me (i don't use moused, though).

Here are the relevant lines of my /etc/X11/XF86Config for XFree-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psm0"
        Option     "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5"
EndSection

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1292206178 secondes.