Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:27:43 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Bob Johnson <bob89@garbonzo.hos.ufl.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver for D-Link DWL-650 card?

At 01:23 PM 7/12/2001, Bob Johnson wrote:

>I'm using a DWL-650, and it seems to work fine with the wi driver except
>that it cannot do encryption.

That's OK; I use a VPN for anything sensitive that goes over wireless.

>I believe that is true of all PRISM II
>based cards, which means most of the cheap ones.  Someone is working on
>adding full PRISM II support to the wi driver, and expects to have it
>ready in about 6 weeks.  Check the -mobile archives for more info on
>that.

That's good to know! Thank you.

>I have not tested mine in ad-hoc mode: I don't know if that works.
>
>So, where can I get one for $75?  I know a few people who might buy
>them for that price (I might even buy one for my wife ;).

Computers4Sure had it for that price yesterday. This morning, after their
low price sparked a lot of interest, they raised the price by $10. See

http://www.computers4sure.com/product.asp?productid=110121

--Brett Glass