Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:48:22 -0500
From:      Corey Leighton <cleighton@mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems activating network cards on Compaq Deskpro EN

    We are trying to get a new Compaq Deskpro (Tower) EN ready as an
LDAP server where I work.  Its a basic EN, PIII 866 processor.  It has
an Intel Pro 10/100 card on-board, and I've added a 3Com Etherlink
10/100 (newest version) in one of the PCI slots.  When attempting to
configure the network card, the device names for both cards are not
availible in the Interfaces menu.  I don't see them being detected on
boot up either.  Has anyone here expirienced this type of problem, or
have had better luck getting either of these two cards to work?