Date:      Thu, 04 Sep 1997 10:17:49 -0400
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LS 120

At 05:47 AM 9/4/97 +0200, you wrote:

>I was wondering if ppl have had similar experiences with this drive, or if
>it's a local problem? Has anyone been able to install FreeBSD from such a
>drive (and the 2.2.2 cd?).

I looked into this drive and couldn't find any indication that anything
besides Windows 95 was supported, including other 16- and 32-bit variants
of Windows or OS/2, so I held off on buying one.  I also remember something
strange about the geometry (head/track count, or something), but I didn't
think that would affect the ability to use standard floppies.

>One might wonder if I wouldn't have been better
>of with a standard floppy drive and instead add a zip-drive? Well, my
>mistake :-)

Ahh, life on the cutting edge. :-)

K.S.