Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 14:41:07 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        "Randall D. DuCharme" <randyd@tcainternet.com>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.0-Release and P6DNF

"Randall D. DuCharme" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I just tried installing 4.0-Release on a SuperMicro P6DNF system running 2
> Intel 333MHz Overdrive CPUs.  A UP kernel runs fine but an SMP kernel panics
> on boot with....
>
> bogus MP table, 2 IO APIC pins connected to the same PCI device or ISA/EISA
> interrupt

I've got a P6DNF, and P6DGU - both work fine w/FreeBSD 4.0 / 5.0... I also see
the above warning, but I don't get any panic's...

> I've been through the mailing list archives and there's been tons of problems
> reported with the SuperMicro boards, but none of the older fixes seem to
> apply.
>
> Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Just to throw a possible spanner in the works... Many eons ago, our Intel
distributor told us that none of the 'overdrive' chips are SMP usable? - Hope
this doesn't apply in your case? :(

I have 2 x P-Pro 200's w/256k in my board at the moment...

I have also read that the M/Board requires a BIOS upgrade in order to work
with the newer/overdrive chips - have you tried this?

-Karl