Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:36:32 -0700
From:      Bob Badaracco <rjb@typeline.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disk Controller weirdness...

--------------DFE8858F8107C122865098FB

I've been running FBSD 2.2.5 on a 3 yr old 180Mhz Pentium box.
Originally it had a 4gig Seagate Barracuda
drive (Fast/Wide Scsi) with an older Adaptec 2940 controller. I recently
purchased a newer Adaptec Ultra Scsi controller and a 9gig Seagate
Medalist HD. After replacing the old with the new controller and
installing the drive
I'm able to boot from the FBSD CD but get hung at the point where the
kernel 'waits for the scsi devices to settle'. After a few minutes I get
'aha0: board not responding, cmd fail...'.

I've used the Adaptec on-board utility to check the scsi id's and to
verify the drive. It all checks out.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--------------DFE8858F8107C122865098FB

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bob Badaracco
n:              Badaracco;Bob
org:            Typeline, Inc.
adr:            668 American Legion Drive;;;Teaneck;NJ;07666;USA
email;internet: rjb@typeline.com
title:          President
tel;work:       (201) 836-2300 X 19
tel;fax:        (201) 836-8337