Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 23:06:41 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <fonvi@easynet.fr>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4_3 calls itself -RELEASE?

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:59:28PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> I'm sold on either 4.4-BEET or 4.4-POSTRELEASE as a name for the
> branch.  Neither one really implies very much that isn't obvious in
> the name itself.

Following many past threads i thought about one thing:
what about changing 4.4-STABLE to 4.4-TRANS or 4.4-TRANSITIONAL ?
and give STABLE name to RELENG_4_4 ?
I understand that would be a big change, but maybe it would be more easy
to everyone to understand what they run (RELEASE, STABLE, TRANSITIONAL or
CURRENT) and make them more aware of what branch they track... (hmm TRACK
can be a good name :) ).

My 2 cents contribution...

Marc