Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 2020 22:19:36 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Vlans setup using ifconfig command

My host has a single dynamic ip address allocated this way

ifconfig_re0="DHCP"

I am trying to add & remove VLAN sub-interfaces to the re0 interface
using the ifconfig command but havening trouble with the command syntax.

I also need to find out how to keep the parent re0 interface being used
by the host as the primary connection to the public internet. When vlans
are created in the rc.conf the last VLAN sub-interfaces becomes the vlan
used by the host by default. I don't want this behavior.

Thank you for any help you can provide.