Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:05:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Martin Thomas <marthom@ymail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd mass deployment

Thanks for the advice given so far, I will have a look at them.=0A=0A@Wojci=
ech:=0A=0AYour approach seems too simplistic to me. It might only work unde=
r very specific circumstances but is impractical otherwise.=0A=0AConsider, =
for example, a network consisting of machines of different types=0A(worksta=
tions, web servers, mail servers, ...) with different hardware=0A(different=
 number of disks, different processor types, ...) and different=0Aconfigura=
tion needs (file system, software, access rights, ...). Obviously, =0Ayou c=
annot simply dd one system to the other. And if you want to change=0Asome c=
onfiguration files on your machines after installation (I do know=0Acfengin=
e, by the way) or want to install additional software on some of=0Athem, ar=
e you still convinced of your approach? =0A=0AUnix tools are great, but you=
r comment looks like an advice to use a swiss army knife for performing a b=
ypass surgery ;).=0A=0AMartin=0A=0A=0A