Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 12:16:15 -0400
From:      Bob Johnson <bobj@atlantic.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't boot if PCCARD drive listed in fstab

I installed the 20000715 STABLE snapshot in my old 486 laptop
and discovered that if there is a PCMCIA hard drive listed in
/etc/fstab the system won't boot.

When it checks filesystems during boot, it complains that the
PCMCIA drive is not configured, and drops to single user
mode.

This happens even if the drive has the noauto option in
fstab.

This means that if a PCMCIA drive is on the system during
install, the system won't boot after the install.  It also
means I can't even have the PCMCIA drive in fstab to make
it easy to mount after boot.

It seems to me that this is a bit of a bug, that a drive
listed as noauto shouldn't be checked on boot.

This system has been running 4.0RC3 without this problem,
and I updated it from a 4.0-STABLE snapshot around July 7
or so without a problem.   The install from the July 15
snap(the one having a problem) was a complete re-install
from scratch, using the July 15 snap floppies and FTP
from releng4.

Am I missing something obvious, or should I submit a PR?

-- Bob