Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 1998 15:59:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        imdave@mcs.net
Cc:        hoek@hwcn.org, imdave@mcs.net, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/5393: DOOMSRC port :  package

 * Hi,

Hi.

 * I got some feedback from someone who (I guess) grabbed it from the
 * incoming directory, and he had a build problem with the X11 includes.
 * I've forgotten, but I think that I automatically do a symlink of
 * /usr/include/X11 --> /usr/X11R6/include on my machine, so I didn't
 * catch this problem.  I fixed this.

I see.  By the way, I'm recommending people working on ports to not
create that link.  (We've been bitten by this so many times....)

 * (I know -- I forgot it's 1998)  Do I use send-pr to mention this update?
 * Do I email someone?  Will I get some sort of feedback if the port is
 * ``accepted''?  If there is more feedback, and I need to update it in

If you have a committer working closely to you, just mailing that
person is fine.  If there is no such person (yet), send mail to
freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org with the subject line same as this
message.  When it's committed, you'll at least see a mail saying the
PR is closed (maybe more, depending on the committer).

 * the future, how do I best do that?  Id's version is 1.10, so my first
 * take is that this should be the version number for the package -- is this
 * reasonable even tho the port is updated over time?

Yes.  Don't worry too much about micro-updates.  We're not in position
to manage updates with that kind of granurality.

Satoshi