Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:28:33 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: audio/streamtuner core dumping (ports/79201 fixes - needs committed)

Replying to my own post for two reasons following:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:30:42 -0500
Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought my gnome_update had went well but I'm seeing a problem with
> audio/streamtuner.  It builds and installs but core dumps at startup.
> The backtrace is included at the end.
>
> I checked the gnome_update logs and it appeared to build during the
> update.  In any event, I did the big-hammer approach:
>
>   portupgrade -fR streamtuner-\*

First, this is _NOT_ what one really wants to do.  Perl is a
dependency of streamtuner and that command will cause perl to be
rebuilt and set /etc/make.conf to:

	.undef PERL_VER
	.undef PERL_VERSION
	.undef PERL_ARCH
	.undef NOPERL
	.undef NO_PERL

and, of course, this will cause some issues.  A more correct way is:

    portupgrade -fR streamtuner-\* -x perl-\*

which will exclude perl from the rebuild.  Hopefully, this will help
someone searching the archives and prevent them from using the
portupgrade -f indiscriminately.  I know I learned my lesson well ;-)

Secondly and probably the most important is that the maintainer,
( Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort@brutele.be> ), submitted ports/79201
which I can confirm fixes the core dumping on my 4.11-STABLE:

    http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20050324152403.38E0A8649

Hopefully, someone will find some time to commit this before the
5.4-R rollout.

<snip rest of original post>

Best regards,

Randy