Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 00:09:22 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   "restricted" kernel threads implementation from NetBSD via newconfig

I'd like to bring a kernel thread implementation, ported from NetBDS
by the newconfig project, into the kernel.  Who would like to review
things before they go into the tree?  I can see many benefits for
having this in the tree, but very little downside.  This should allow
people to more easily port raid-frame from NetBSD if they desire.

FYI, this is an outshoot of the porting of the newconfig code to
new-bus.  Each bridge controller has its own even thread to handle
cards events in a sane manner.  It is basically a stripped down
pccardd in the kernel, but one that has a huge hint database.  I'm not
proposing, at this time, to bring it on.  I just want to get the
kthread stuff in as a separate issue.

Comments?

Warner