Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 23:48:20 +0100
From:      PIKA! <pikas@clara.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Not sure who to ask this question

Hi,

Tried booting the 4.2 CDROM from the PowerPack and it get's as far as the
probe. I left the probe sitting there for a very long time (>30 minutes -
that's a lot of CPU :-) and I saw the following error on the other VTY:

DEBUG: Can't open PC-card crontroller /dev/card0
ata0-master: timeout waiting to give command=c8 s=e0 e=04
ad0: error executing command - resetting
at0 - resetting devices... device disappeared!
ata0-master: timeout waiting to give command=c8 s=e0 e=04
ad0: error executing command - resetting
ata0-master: timeout waiting to give command=c8 s=e0 e=04
ad0: error executing command - resetting
ata0-master: timeout waiting to give command=c8 s=e0 e=04
ad0: error executing command - resetting

I may not have the error down 100% accurately, but that's the gist of it.

Not sure what I should do next or which forum I need to post this error
into. Looked on the mailing list archives and through altavista.  No
insight yet.

I have an AMD 761 chipset motherboard, PII 850MHz with a IDE 3.2 GB drive.
The system was booting Release-2.2.3 (or something stoneage like that) fine
on the above hardware, but the linux compat function was not working
properly. bmrt core dumped.

I now have *just* Win98. This is not good!

Please help!

Many thanks,
David Carter