Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:26:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Philippe Le Berre <philippe@le-berre.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl modules after buildworld?

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Philippe Le Berre wrote:

> DBD::Mysql <<Can't load mysql.so ... can't find libmysql.so.9...>>
> oops.  I have tried to delete & re-install the Mysql perl modules but

  If you get an error that a shared library can't be loaded, you should
verify if you have it.  libmysqlclient.so.X is included with MySQL.  If
you have it, you should see why the dynamic linker can't find it.
Probably because the path to the library is no longer looked at by
ldconfig during bootup (see /etc/rc.conf).  A quick fix is:

  ldconfig -m <full-path-to-library-directory>

Tom
Uniserve