Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 20:53:35 +0100
From:      Berend de Boer <berend@pobox.com>
To:        "'freebsd-database@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Database for FreeBSD 2.2.X: DB2 or Interbase possible?

Hai All,

For my first FreeBSD database implementation I want to use either DB2 or
Interbase, of course the Linux versions as there is no FreeBSD version of a
commercial database I believe.

Has anyone experience with them?

Or can someone recommend a different solution?

Environment: two simultaneous users, running Win95. Client developed with
Delphi 3.0. Will be traditional 2-tier system.

Server: Pentium 233Mhz, 128MB, SCSI-3, 4GB disk.

It's not a demanding environment.

Solutions should be cheap (i.e. 250$-$1000 for db with 2 user licence). And
most importantly, it should require absolutely no maintainance and be very
robust. I'm a busy guy, this db should just run.

Groetjes,

Berend.