Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:48:31 -0500
From:      Mike Murphree <murphree1@ispchannel.com>
To:        Philippe Le Berre <philippe@le-berre.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, fosburgh@flash.net
Subject:   Re: Perl modules after buildworld?

Philippe Le Berre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had this box running with MySQL, Perl, DBI and the MySQL DBD,
> everything was running okay. Today  I have cvsup'ed, buildworld,
> buildkernel and so forth. After rebooting MySQL started,
> fine...however all Perl's scripts using DBI failed ... Error in the
> DBD::Mysql <<Can't load mysql.so ... can't find libmysql.so.9...>>
> oops.  I have tried to delete & re-install the Mysql perl modules but
> it failed on make test with the same error?  Did I miss something
> with Perl when doing make buildworld & make installworld?

This is kind of old, but could this be the source of the perl problems?

From /usr/src/UPDATING:

What follows are older entries for those people upgrading from earlier
versions of -stable.

20000308:
        The binary interface of perl to its modules changed.  You
        will need to recompile any perl moudles after an
        installworld.  This includes all ports matching the pattern
        /usr/ports/*/p5-*.

Mike