Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:04:50 +0200
From:      MICHAEL_HEITMEIER@HP-Germany-om12.om.hp.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail dial-ups and queue...

Yesterday I was finally ready to tackle the problem of sendmail dialing my
provider every now and then: for missed cron jobs, daily reports, weekly
reports etc.
Really an ehaustive topic, given the messages this has generated over
time. I now disabled sendmail until I really need it but in doing so I
came across the question how to flush the sendmail queue. Man sendmail did
not indicate anything to that effect (or I was temporarily blind).

TIA,
Michael

P.S. I did manage to prevent messages to root from triggering a dial out
by including root in the list of local users in sendmail.cf. Any comments
on that anybody? I'm not sure I know what I'm doing to be honest but since
I don't have a full installation I cannot go through the suggested m4
processing, and the part of the sendmail source that's supposed to be
separately available for just this purpose (according to
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ137.html#137) is not, at least not from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.2-RELEASE/src/. If anybody could point
me to the right source I'd appreciate it.