Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 11:03:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris O'Callaghan" <chrisoc@bestweb.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   opti mad16 chip

I've been having some trouble getting my opti 82c929 sound card to work. I
need to know a few things.
            First, I remember reading somewhere that DOS
reports the io address of the card incorrectly, either 100 too high or 100
too low. Which is it. eg: if Dos says it is at x320, should I configure it
for x220 or x420?

   Second, which options and devices should I include in my kernel. I know
I need BROKEN_BUS_CLOCK and OPTI_MAD16_PORT, but which sb devices do I
need? I am trying these:

sb0
sbxvi0
opl0
sbmidi0

Win95 loads the MPU-401 drivers when I install the card, should I use that
too.

Is there anything else I am missing?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Chris O'Callaghan
Support Services                    support@bestweb.net
BestWeb Internet                        www.bestweb.net

      "New York's Best Internet Service Provider"