Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:03:09 -0600
From:      Rolf Edwards <redwards@meccamediagroup.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multiple Web/SSL behind firewall

I am attempting to put multiple web servers behind a FreeBSD 4.1.1 box
running ipfw and natd.  The web servers are running both web and SSL
connections.  I was thinking of using squid and a dns hack to have it proxy
the connections.

I can't seem to find out if I can also have it listen to the SSL port for
those connections.  I am assuming that for generic web traffic, I can use
the accelerator to recieve multiple domain requests, and have a local dns
entry so that they are passed to a natd ip.  How would I handle multiple
SSL, as a natd static port map would only allow for one SSL host unless SSL
is run on multiple ports, one for each machine.

What should I do to handle this situation.  The web server will have a
non-routeable ip, so acting as a gateway won't quite work.

Rolf