Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 2013 12:33:38 +0100
From:      Torbjorn Granlund <tg@gmplib.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/183397: Kernel panic at first incoming ssh

This bug is still present in BETA3.

I am quite stuck now wrt my GNU MP development and FreeBSD.  The m4 eval
bug I reported in the spring of 2012 is in all 4 subsequent 8.x and 9.x
releases which makes GMP disastrously miscompiled on BMI2 systems
(e.g. Haswell).  And FreeBSD 10 (tried A4, A5, B1, B2, B3) doesn't work
well enough on my Haswell system to allow incoming or outgoing ssh
connections without panicking.  (Curiously enough, I can transfer files
into the system without causing any kernel panic; I would have thought
ftp and ssh looked the same from the kernel's perspective.)

A home-brew kernel without HVM tolerates ssh connections.

(I'll save time and will not test any more FreeBSD 10 pre-releases unless
I get wind that this problem is solved.)

--=20
Torbj=C3=B6rn