Date:      Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:02:10 -0700
From:      "Darren Pilgrim" <dmp@bitfreak.org>
To:        <jinzougen@jinzougen.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Audigy LS and Netgear WG311 drivers

From: Brandon Beamer

> I'm running FreeBSD 5.4. I have a Soundblaster Audigy LS and
> a Netgear WG311 v3 wireless PCI card. The ath driver does not
> recognize the Netgear card

	The WG311v3 doesn't use an Atheros chipset.  You, like many
others, are confused by companies like Netgear who, throughout the
course of a specific model number's life, will use entirely different
devices.  The original WG311 (unmarked, but effectively "v1") used the
Atheros 5212, which is supported by the ath driver.  The WG311v3 uses
the Prism GT which isn't supported.

	There was a third-party driver[1] for the Prism 54 family of
wireless chips, but it appears to have mysteriously vanished, even from
the Internet Archive, which says the pages were archived, but not
indexed.  You may find some leads through the Linux Prism 54 driver
homepage[2].

	Presently your only options are either the ndis Windows driver
wrapper or using a different network card.

[1] http://green.homeunix.org/~green/prism54-driver/pff/
[2] http://www.prism54.org/