Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:05:26 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/obhttpd and question marks in sockstat

--UlNATpDK9MaKn7jW1lNKNEPLobfEKH65W
From: Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--rJ0hFuOURWVhrOLskWblGd3jklOwg3i0C

On 2016/03/29 12:28, Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff wrote:
> I am trying to get www/obhttpd running in a jail. `service obhttpd
> start` works and I get it listening on port 80. But if I run `service
> obhttpd stop` I encounter two problems:
>=20
> 1. It seems that there's a problem terminating all related processes.
>=20
>     Stopping obhttpd.
>     kill: 8221: No such process
>     kill: 8222: No such process
>     kill: 8223: No such process
>     kill: 8224: No such process

Looks like the obhttpd process is trying to kill of its children
individually, but they've all already been killed.  Possibly by a signal
to the whole process group.  It's untidy, but it has achieved your aim
of killing the obhttpd processes.

Try watching what happens in top(1), and tailing the logfile(s) as you
shutdown the obhttpd service.  You should see obhttpd and its child
processes disappear as you type 'service obhttpd stop', and the child
process pids should correspond to what you see in the error message.

> 2. I end up with some ports open that I don't know how to close.
>=20
>     USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN A=
DDRESS     =20
>     ?        ?          ?     ?  tcp6   2a00:c98:2200:af07:6:0:1:1:80 *=
:*
>     ?        ?          ?     ?  tcp4   10.15.1.1:80          *:*
>=20
> Some ideas on what could be causing the first and second issue? How can=
 I close
> these ports manually? Is this worth a bug report or a mistake on my sid=
e?

This connection is already closed.  You can tell by the question marks.
 It only still exists in the sockstat output as the kernel is hanging
onto the connection details so it can reap any stray packets that may,
belatedly, arrive.  If you wait patiently, these lines will eventually
disappear from the sockstat output.  Or you can just restart the daemon
anyhow -- it should come up normally.

	Cheers,

	Matthew