Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:42:09 -0300
From:      AT Matik <asstec@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Cc:        bu7cher@yandex.ru, Alexander Shulikov <shulikov@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: kern/121955: [ipfw] [panic] freebsd 7.0 panic with mpd

On Monday 24 March 2008 17:00:43 Alexander Shulikov wrote:
> 2008/3/24, AT Matik <asstec@matik.com.br>:
> > On Monday 24 March 2008 16:08:10 Alexander Shulikov wrote:
>  >  > By default I have:
>  >  > # sysctl kern.ipc.nmbclusters
>  >  > kern.ipc.nmbclusters: 25600
>  >
>  > hard to say, do you checked netstat -m if you get to your limit? If you
>  > get there set it higher
>
> When It works - there is alright. But when panic - I can't to see it.

I guess it will not grow so fast from one moment to another

>  >  > Other thing, that I want to try - net.isr.direct -> 0? May be it
>  >  > temprorary resolved problem, because packet will be going to queue
>  >  > for processing.
>  >
>  > I guess this does not help dummynet either
>
> Alexander Motin (mpd server and partially netgraph developer) say
>  thing, that probably trouble in depth of stack.
>  And may be net.isr.direct=3D0 will help to process packets from queue,
>  but not at the arrival time. Or no?

I can not answer this for sure but trying it out is for free :) but it will=
=20
not help here I guess

Even if I believe the problem is in ipfw you probably should try to isolate=
 if=20
it is in any means related to mpd, probably you can run your ppp from anoth=
er=20
server and run ipfw only on this one, after that you know more

you are with 7-R or 7-Stable?

> Andrey and AT Matik:

my name is Jo=C3=A3o, this is my company email address

> Can we talk via jabber or icq? (for decrease traffic in conference,
> but send in conference result)
>

> A mensagem foi scaneada pelo sistema de e-mail e pode ser considerada
> segura. Service fornecido pelo Datacenter Matik=20
> https://datacenter.matik.com.br

=2D-=20

Atenciosamente, J.M.
Respons=C3=A1vel Plant=C3=A3o Site Support Matik
Infomatik Internet Technology
(18)3551.8155 =C2=A0(18)8112.7007
http://info.matik.com.br