Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:50:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        nik@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Automatic Documentation Index

On 30-Sep-99 Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
> Nice - one nit, maybe we should leave indexing the handbook and
> FAQ, since (at least) I intend to set up an index of local documents
> separately (which would then link to your docindex.html).  What do
> others think?
>
> Maybe you could index that instead later, when it appears, and keep
> your current indexing of handbook and FAQ.

I don't think I quite understand. Are you saying that you are also planning to
do an index of standard installed documentation, and we should limit the remit
of my script to simply the documentation installed by the ports/packages system?

>> Well, I've been quietly working away on this, and I'd like some opinions on
>> what I've done so far.
>
> Looks great, definite value-add.  We will need to teach ports,
> pkg_add and pkg_create to use it properly - I'll handle it if you
> don't (I'm playing in there anyway).

I'm going to look at pkg_add and pkg_create, but I'm afraid I actually now
little about the ports system except 'make', 'make install'! :-)

It'll be a learning experience for me anyway, so I'll have a look around and
see what I can find out.

Does anyone else have comments on what I've done?

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD UK User Group
http://ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org/~andrew/