Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2000 08:44:45 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Serguei Y. Shilov" <ssh@tepkom.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: PPP reconnect problem

> Hi! Happy New Year at the 1st! Be lucky, happy at new year and of course
> stably!
>
> I've update my kernel and userland to 3.4-STABLE via CVS and find that I
> could not reconnect with my ISP after carrier lost.
>
> I use next strings in my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file:
>
> set redial 3 50 ; it's work
> set reconnect 3 50 ; it's don't work

``set reconnect'' is used when the peer drops the connection.  Are
you saying that this doesn't work correctly ?  Can you supply some
logs (http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/userppp.html says how to do this) ?

> Must I downgrade ppp to 3.3-RELEASE? It's a bad idea for me.
>
> Is there other suggestions?

Upgrade to the version on my web site.  Support is always better
if we're working from the same sources :o]

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>