Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 10:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2940 and 2940UW

  My new 6x86 got toasted (or fried) and since Fry's had a 200MHz P5
  on sale, that's what I've got.  (I did spring for another 32m DIMM.)

  Having trouble booting, though.  We put in a SCSI-PCI driver with the
  name SIIG and that  didn't work; so what was available was an
  Adaptec 2940UW.  Prev'ly I had an IWILL with builtin SCSI and
  everything was peachy.

  Now the kernel panics not finding sd2s2, my third SCSI drive.

  What's the solution to getting 2.2.6 to boot multiuser?  Is there
  some BIOS setting that I have to toggle to see sd2s2?  Or do I
  have to rebuild the kernel with a different driver for the 2940UW?
  Or...??

  I don't know which flavor of Adaptec was in the IWILL.  Think it
  was a 2940, tho.

  thanks, folks,

  gary