Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:54:31 -0800
From:      "Sam Zamarripa" <samz@oz.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP/NAT/TCP Question

I am using FreeBSD 4.2-BETA and PPP NAT to share a dialup connection on my
Lan. My question
is..certain TCP options such as MTU, Path MTU, RFC1323, etc..are they all
independant on the machines on the lan or are they all dependant on the NAT
machine?

A specific example would be..if I wanted to set an MTU of 576. If I set the
MTU of 576 on a Windows machine but the FreeBSD box doing NAT is still MTU
1500, is the windows machine using 576 or 1500 in that case?

Thanks.